Sensei Marc Bouchard, Renshi ||||| Godan (5th Degree Black Belt) Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu
Joden Menkyo Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu; Master Instructor of Goshinkan Jujitsu
Home Dojo: Goshinkan JuJitsu Red Deer, AB Canada
Affiliations: Alberta Ju Jitsu Association; The Canadian Ju-Jitsu Confederation (CJJC); Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu;
United States Ju-Jitsu Federation (USJJF).
Sensei Marc began his martial arts training at the young age of 6 years old, studying in the style of Shikukai Karate. He was unable to continue training at that location, and trained in Shotokan karate, and Tae-Kwon-Do.
Marc continued to search for a style of self-defense that was more rounded. While working as a doorman in a local night club in Calgary, Sensei Marc was invited to attend a doorman security training course where he met Shihan Lintott. After attending the course, Sensei Marc began his training in Jiu-Jitsu in 1995 in the style of Jishin-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu. At that point Sensei Marc dedicated himself to ju jitsu; this was the best martial art he had found.
Sensei Marc graded for his Shodan in Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu on September 15, 2000 under Shihan Kevin D. Lintott. He was Shihan Lintott’s first black belt in the style. Marc has trained under and with Shihan K.D. Lintott, Kyoshi in Jishin-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu and Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu prior to Shihan founding the Goshinkan style in 1998.
Marc tested for his Nidan rank in Calgary, on October 10, 2003, followed by Sandan rank, July 15, 2006 under Shihan Kevin D. Lintott. Sensei Marc was promoted to Godan 5th Degree Black Belt at the Red Deer Hombu Dojo on January 26, 2018, he was also awarded the title of Renshi.
Sensei Marc was the personal student and Uke for Shihan Kevin D. Lintott for ten years. He is a founding member of the AJJA and instructor for all Goshinkan locations. Sensei Marc assisted Shihan Lintott with creating and developing the Goshinkan-Ryu style of Ju Jitsu in 1998.
Sensei Marc was one of three of Shihan Lintott’s original Goshinkan students (Sensei Marc Bouchard; Sensei Kyle Griffin and Sensei Glenn Matilla) that assisted him in starting the style sixteen years ago. Marc was Shihan Lintott’s personal Uke and and student for over ten years in both Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu and Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu.
Sensei Marc is a driven instructor teaching the Adult, Junior Shogun™ and Little Samurai™ programs. He specializes in teaching students the Way of the Goshinkan Ju Jitsu Warrior, and Persuader Key Chain™ Holder classes to groups of all ages. Sensei Marc brings a unique perspective to the art, he has truly learned the Way of the Warrior and has passed on these critical parts of history from the lineage to hundreds of students. In 2015, Sensei Marc agreed to take on the tasks of training all higher belts and Goshinkan Sensei in history; etiquette; discipline and grading process of the style. Sensei Marc is in charge of writing and maintaining the requirements for all Mudansha levels and the Yudansha levels of Shodan and Nidan.
- Over 20 years experience in Ju Jitsu
- Holds Black Belt ranks in three styles of modern Ju Jitsu
- Holds Diplomas for the level One; Two and Three Black Belt Teacher Program which is the full Goshinkan teaching license under Shihan Kevin D. Lintott, Kyoshi
- Director of the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association
- Self Defense Instructor
- Persuader Key Holder™ Instructor
- Sensei Bouchard’s current rank is recognized by AJJA (Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association); USJJF (United States Ju-Jitsu Fedderation); CJJC (Canadian Ju-Jitsu Confederation)
- Certified Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu Master Instructor
- Joden Menkyo Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu
- Women’s, Beginner and Advanced Self Defense Instructor
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) Instructor
- The first Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu black belt under Shihan Lintott
- Yoriki in Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu, December 29, 2016